Sunday, August 29, 2010

I Need to Move

I am battling with one of my Mother In Laws. Yep, I hit the fucking jackpot and got two of them, neither of which really cares for me. My husband’s birth mother lives about thirty miles from us. She comes and stays at his Grandmother’s house, who lives right around the corner but within sight of our house. His mom isn’t your typical mom. She didn’t raise my husband; he was with his grandma until he was five, then his dad and stepmom came and took custody of him. My husband has a half brother who was not raised by her either. He also has a set of boy/girl twin siblings. They were raised by her, but I am not sure that was a good thing.



The twins grew up in and out of drug houses in southern California, no stability with a mom who was using speed and highly erratic. She would get mad at someone and pack them up and leave where they were living for a while, then turn around and move back to the house they spent the most time at. Those kids have been through a lot and at seventeen they have their issues. When the kids were twelve we move them up here for a while so their mom could go to the Midwest and start a new life. That lasted a year and before we knew it the boy was living with my husband and I and the girl and my mother in law were living at the grandma’s house.


Since the birth of our daughter I have had to deal with her regularly. I am having a hard time dealing with the unsolicited parenting advice from someone who I have no respect for and did a pretty shitty job raising her own kids. She is mad at my husband and I because we won’t let her take our kid anywhere, babysit, or pretty much be alone with her for too long. A year ago she threatened to take me to court to get some kind of rights to take our daughter once in a while. My mother in law has the attention span and mentality of a fourteen year old. She hasn’t held a job for more than a few months at a time for the last fifty years and she makes horrible decisions on a daily basis. We are also pretty sure she is still doing drugs on occasion.


My husband’s grandmother defends her. I get it, she is her daughter and she refuses to see how bad she really is. So now I have to fight them both whenever my mother in law is in town. My mother in law will have her mom call my house to see if C can come over there for a while. I know that it is my mother in law behind the phone call, because grandma has rarely asks for her to come over. I have to deal with them both pushing my husband and being angry with me when I say no.


I am at a breaking point here. I have had about all I can take and since we can’t afford to move, I am sure that something bad is going to come out of my mouth soon. And it will be ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment