Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Manipulating Mother In Law

My mother in law just called and asked me if I would give her $20 cash for $50 worth of food off her food stamps card. Seriously. She said that she gets a lot of money for food each month and so does the person that she is living with, so she has more than she needs.



I am pissed. We struggle to pay our taxes every year because we get screwed owning our own business. I blame people like her who screw the system every month. I am angry, and needless to say she got a huge lecture from my husband and I both.


That is not what the welfare system is about. My mother in law has been manipulating the system for the last thirty years. She even had her youngest son, who is now almost 18, diagnosed with a behavior disorder and signed him up for disability. They get a check every month because he is a little asshole who won’t work and doesn’t like authority. Meanwhile, friends of mine with special needs children struggle to get help for their children on a daily basis.


Food stamps and welfare should be a hand up not a hand out. I will be glad when her kids turn 18 later this month. After 30 years she will have to get a job and quit using her kids for a free hand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment