Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Eggs & Positivity

I ovulated.
You are probably thinking to yourself “Big deal, I do it every month.”  But for me it is HUGE. 
It is still surreal to me to just ovulate naturally, on my own.  All of my girl parts and hormones synchronized in wonderful baby making harmony without the push from fertility drugs.  As I sit here patiently working my way through the two week wait until I can take a pregnancy test, I am not stressed out by the baby making process, or the threat of Aunt Flow beating a path to my door.  At this point, yeah, I will be a little disappointed if she shows up, but not devastated because my body is doing what it is supposed to do, for the first time, ever.
I believe that the fact that my body is having full, complete, regular cycles is making me a little more relaxed than the first time around.  Having had my first child also helps a lot as I no longer have floating around in the back of my head, that harrying worry of: “Will ever be a mom?”  I am trying to promise myself that this relaxed and positive attitude will hang around for a while, even if it takes months to get myself knocked up.  One other little thing that is helping me keep my sanity: LYING. This time I haven’t announced to our family that we are trying to conceive a second child.  My mom and a few close friends are the only ones who know (and no one knows about my blog or twitter account) and it is saving me the constant bombardment of questions that I endured for years the first time.  It is like my own little happy secret.
I ovulated.  For real.

No comments:

Post a Comment